ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· All other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or management.
· Assist classroom staff and cooperate in a supportive role in the classroom.
· Assist classrooms in the distribution, delivery and cleanup of meals.
· Assist in implementing large and small group activities.
· Assist in providing a variety of ways to ensure frequent and consistent contact with families.
· Assist in the continuity of care for all children.
· Assist in the recruitment of children and families to our HS/EHS/GSRP programs.
· Assist with planning and implementation of the daily program according to the principles in the Creative Curriculum.
· Comply with Agency’s Mission and Culture statements.
· Comply with program and Agency policies and procedures.
· Perform duties as assigned to maintain clean, organized and inviting classroom such as food service, washing dishes and organizing supplies.
· Responsible to keep assigned work area or classroom clean and assist in facility checks and miscellaneous housekeeping duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
· Work is performed in a classroom setting and school environment where the noise level is moderate. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk, bend, stoop and kneel, see and hear, use hands and arms to lift up to 60 lbs. and walk around the classroom, outdoor play area and school facilities.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employees within this classification are required to show:
· Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and random screenings as needed.
· Criminal background investigation every two years.
· Pass a physical examination and Tuberculosis (TB) test with negative results upon hire.
· Current First Aid and CPR certification.Covid-19 Vaccination: Per the office of Head Start, all Education and Children's Service staff are to be fully vaccinated by 1/31/2022. Community Action will follow federal law for accommodation requests.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required. Staff hired in this position are required to have a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or be enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within three years.
Experience: Minimum of six months experience in early childhood development is preferred.
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE AND JOB KNOWLEDGE:
· Ability to adapt curriculum to meet the needs of all children.
· Ability to apply Early Childhood Development theory in daily classroom activities, and adapt to the individual needs of children.
· Knowledge of typical behaviors/expectations of three and four year old children.
· Willingness to continue professional growth through continued education.
· Working knowledge of available community resources.